Oneshot where are you?

BilletHead

13 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Right!!!!  A wet market....LOL

That's good! 

wonder what mad scientist  created smallpox and polio? I do know germ warfare was created many moons ago as corpses were thrown over walls of castles with catapults and trebuchet to spread germs to the others. That and smallpox infected blankets were given to the natives here to make them sick and die. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

15 minutes ago, Nick Adams said:

No offense to Rep. Hartzler, but there isn't any evidence is coming across the boarder. There as much in Canada as there is in the US, but they don't share a border with Mexico. We don't share a border with India, where the Delta variant started, but here we are. Here's an article from USA Today, a fairly safe and middle of the road newspaper. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/07/21/lambda-variant-covid-identified-texas-hospital-what-know/8039406002/

I think we forget that in the past pandemics, medicine was nonexistent. I mean, in the Spanish Flu outbreak in 1919, we had aspirin. That's it. Ventilators weren't much more than a concept and prototypes until 1940. Between vaccines and antibiotics, we've been pretty good for 100 years in first world countries. Luckily, SARS 1 was only contagious in it's end stages, which is why so many hospital workers got it. Ebola was mist contagious from dealing with dead bodies, something we don't do much of here.

Plague: treatable

TB: treatable

Polio: gone for us

Measles/Mumps/Rubella: gone thanks to vaccines

Flu: vax, treatable anti-virals, but still deadly for the young, old, immune-suppressed, etc.

Polio: gone to vax

Small Pox: gone to vax

Monkey pox: still in labs and Africa (finger crossed)

Chicken Pox/Shingles: gone to vax (shingles is nasty and random, btw. Had it in my early 30s and still have nerve damage on my right shoulder blade 15 years later)

COVID will hopefully be gone to vax in the next few years.

There was an excerpt on this mornings news. Gave to current totals of the illegal crossers into the states this morning. Another count of those infected and how many were sent back. The numbers were unreal. Not sure which variant.  On the new variant this is the first I have heard of it. Do you have a trusted source of where it first showed up here and counts? Please I would like to read it. It could of made the news before and I missed it.  I like to keep informed for making choices. I don't get my decisions by guessing and at the swap meet :)

Which brings me to a rural young farm couple. Nice people, we had a brief visit yesterday. They said they were going on a cruse soon. Said they liked to take a break from farm life. She told me they were on one of the last cruses before the pandemic got here. Now ready to go again I asked dod you all get the vaccine? A quick no I thought ooh boy but gave my response of the friends we have lost and what my wife sees at work. Nicely the way I like it they decided to wait until it was proven safe and then into a story about some people they know who got their kids vaccinated and now those kids were not quite right in the head?  Real quick I wanted to say what teenager is always right in the head but I held back. Got my point across and everyman and woman has a choice but theories again abound right now. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

I do not fear it nor did I say so Glen. I am trying to be smart about it and listen to the ones who are smarter than I am which there are many.

Oh, and BTW.....

Speculative.  Inflammatory.   

Shame on you.....but you're forgiven BY ME.  😘

20 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Got my point across and everyman and woman has a choice but theories again abound right now.

Here is what I am starting to kinda understand.....and it doesn't surprise me one bit.  

Many folks who have had family members die shortly after taking the vaccine.....AND many people who have suffered terrible side-effects that still haven't subsided,  AND HAVE REPORTED IT TO DOCTORS, have been contacted and told that a class action suit may be forthcoming BUT they must remain quiet about it.   Any "yelling from the towers" or publicly posting over the internet ect. about their symptoms or issues will likely end any chances of compensation or rectification.   

Call that a conspiracy, or a theory, or a conspiracy theory, but to ME that indicates that the powers that be are attempting to keep those people quiet.   But I'm sure you probably see it differently....and that is fine.  👍 

No need to respond to this post, as it isn't up for debate.