I DON’T WANNA FISH LIKE THAT.

Bill Babler

9 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:
There’s one thing I’ve learned from watching the MLF format is how often they go back to places they’ve already caught fish and catch more.  It’s paid off for me for sure.  

That’s always been the case. I’ve spent entire weekends fishing a small bank. Those good spots will just reload. 

18 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

That’s always been the case. I’ve spent entire weekends fishing a small bank. Those good spots will just reload. 

I would usually run way up the river and fish back to the ramp.   I still do that but i go back to the hotspots more now.   Fish through with a crank or other fast moving bait then go back with a jig or other slow moving baits.  I’ve had a few days when I stayed in a deep current seam and just keep catching them.  

Its absurdity.  Whats next?  Deer hunters with drones using infrared to track where the deer are and then setting up their stands accordingly, to ambush?  This isn't sportsmanship.  And it isn't fishing.  Its dorks with gear.  Sponsors and tournaments should pay attention.  What a joke.

On 11/5/2023 at 7:33 AM, skeeter said:

Last sentence.....could not possibly agree more. 

Amen and amen. Not happening in my boat either. I'm officially old. I'd rather zero my way than catch em your way. LOL 

ClassActionTransparent.png

On 11/5/2023 at 10:12 AM, willyfish said:

There was an MLF on recently where Alton JR was wearing them out on a spinnerbait in the trees, that was fun to watch. 

Had to be an old show. They don't bite spinnerbaits anymore. Been told that by multiple folks ... gotta be true. LOL 

9 hours ago, ColdWaterFshr said:

Its absurdity.  Whats next?  Deer hunters with drones using infrared to track where the deer are and then setting up their stands accordingly, to ambush?  This isn't sportsmanship.  And it isn't fishing.  Its dorks with gear.  Sponsors and tournaments should pay attention.  What a joke.

THIS!!! ^^^ Nice post. You should come around the warm-water forums more often. :)

If you're past 40 and even that's probably too high, you are gonna struggle to compete these days. These kids are far better at running computers than they are at fishing. They aren't old enough to have much appreciable time on the water but they can dang sure turn on that computer, dial it in and let it do the hard work for them. 

No sour grapes for me ... don't want to fish that way, ain't gonna fish that way and had my fill of watching SOME of these local wannabe kids run all over each other and everyone else on the lake. There are literally some out there who believe their mission to win money outranks the importance of whatever I might be doing if I'm someplace they want to be. We've all heard the old, "Yeah, but I'm fishing a tournament!" when we tell one of them they are intruding. And if we say anything to them that isn't sugar coated with rainbow sprinkles, we are being non-woke selfish meanies. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:47 AM, willyfish said:

Truer words have never been spoken. It's just a different ballgame now. Bring back Bob Cobb and the old Bassmasters shows. Must see TV for me.

Wish I could like this post 1000 times. 

On 11/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, waterpossum said:

I personally knew a couple of old legends that didn't have a pot to pee in after their lifetime of chasing bass. Most of their winnings ended up with ex wives. When the cost of boats and and trinkets are factored in with travel expense and entry fees only a few will ever profit from the endeavor. I haven't watched a bass tournament for years and with the new technology take over hold no interest in watching someone else fish.

Absolutely true. Can name several from Arkansas alone who either struggled financially late in life or dropped out along the way and got regular jobs.