OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ham

C’mon over to the Darkside

1 hour ago, Johnsfolly said:

I calculate cost per fish only based upon license fees and stamps (trout park day passes, etc.). I do not include bait, tackle, boat fees, etc. just too depressing.

Fail.

That's when it starts to get fun. Fuel, tackle, fees. It's got to be in there. The only thing I never included was food. I'm going to eat regardless. Trust me. 

Do you clicker guys count every little dink that gets swung over the gunnels?

I have this weird way of determining if my outing was was a galactic failure.  If I don't catch enough to potentially feed my family one good meal then I consider it a Skunk.  That has happened 2 times so far this year.  

34 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Do you clicker guys count every little dink that gets swung over the gunnels?

I count every fish on a trip no matter the size or species.

2 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

I calculate cost per fish only based upon license fees and stamps (trout park day passes, etc.). I do not include bait, tackle, boat fees, etc. just too depressing.

So for MO - $0.08 per fish

Maryland - $0.29

Virginia - $0.65

Tennessee - $5.05

Iowa - $6.73

Illinois - $17.50 (did not even fish during the three day license period :angry:).

Ohio - $19.50 - only one brown trout caught

You ought to be hunting ducks. Talk about high priced meat🤗.

Only reason i got one is because my dad and i got into the crappie real good a couple years back and caught our limit. When we got home and laid them all out we had 34 not 30, honest mistake but the game warden probably wouldnt have thought so.   Easy to lose count when they start biting real good

5 minutes ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

Only reason i got one is because my dad and i got into the crappie real good a couple years back and caught our limit. When we got home and laid them all out we had 34 not 30, honest mistake but the game warden probably wouldnt have thought so.   Easy to lose count when they start biting real good

Crappie guys around here all use these bead slider things to keep track of how many are in the livewell.IMG_20181109_131602294.jpg