COVID-19 - Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

N9BOW

1 minute ago, Quillback said:

So today in the mail I get a postcard - President Trump's Coronavirus Guidelines for America.  

I have to think this went out nationwide - anyone else get one?

I only get the mail every two days..  I use bbq tongs to open it.  I’ll let you know tomorrow.  

5 minutes ago, Quillback said:

That's it!  I guess I should go to the tongs, still been using my hands to pull the mail out.  BUT, after reading the Donald's guidelines, he did NOT mention tongs.

I know @fishinwrench so I’m nearly an internet genius.  Did I mention the oven mits. 

0B272FC8-5FD9-4F7C-A2E1-0307CA2FF0E2.jpeg

Worth a listen.
If you are one who wants to put your head in the sand. Or you are just tired of hearing about this.. Thats OK!... Just remember when your head is in the sand....your @ss is presented for a potential kicking :dark-mood:

It's really difficult to know just how careful to be.  Just saw a pretty good Youtube video on how to shop for groceries more safely.  Plan ahead before you go to the store, and know exactly what you need to get.  Plan to get enough to last you two weeks.  In the store, don't touch anything unless you're committed to buying it.  Don't use cloth reusable bags.  When you get the stuff home, disinfect your table or countertop first, in two sections, one for possibly contaminated food, the other for clean food.  Dump all your little plastic bags of groceries on the contaminated side.  Anything that's in a box or plastic container that you can wipe down or spray with disinfectant you do that. and set it over on the clean side.  If it's in a package the inside hasn't been touched by humans and is presumably clean, but the outside of the package isn't.  So your other choice on any package is to carefully open the package and dump the contents into a container, then throw the package away (if it's something like boxed cereal, you just open the box, take out the bag on the inside, throw the box away.  Fresh fruits and vegies, you have a sink filled with soapy water, dump the vegies in the sink, scrub the fruits after dumping them in the sink, then rinse off and put away.  Frozen stuff you have to disinfect the outside of the package, because freezing doesn't kill the SARS type viruses apparently.  After you've done all that, throw away the leftover bags and boxes.  You should have disinfectant wipes handy and continually wipe off your hands while you're doing all this.  And when you're finished wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds and re-disinfect your workspace.

So we just had two relatives who had to go to the grocery store today, and both offered to buy us any groceries we needed while they were there anyway, so we took them up on the offer, and did pretty much what was recommended, except that a lot of the stuff we just left in the garage, since most of the things they are saying is that three days should render the virus harmless on pretty much any packaging.

We've been staying home and not having anybody in the house.  The mailman came to the door this morning to deliver a package that wouldn't fit in the mailbox, and Mary barely opened the door to tell him to just drop the mail on the porch.  Then I went out and disinfected the doorbell.  The mail is only touched with rubber gloves on and goes into the garage to sit for three days before opening anything except what's obviously important, and so far nothing important has come.

Just another report from the era of paranoia.  But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get ya.