New phone ?

I hate change! Especially with techy crap.  I was perfectly happy with my Moto Z..... but it was starting to act up and I can't be without a reliable phone.   

So now I'm in the process of learning this new device.   Motorola Razr 5G "gen 2".   

Anybody else have one?   I can already tell that I need a otterbox or some kind of grippy case, because it's like holding onto a wet leopard frog.     

If by chance you have one of these, and have it all figured out.....I have a few questions.  

Thx

9 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

I hate change! Especially with techy crap.  I was perfectly happy with my Moto Z..... but it was starting to act up and I can't be without a reliable phone.   

So now I'm in the process of learning this new device.   Motorola Razr 5G "gen 2".   

Anybody else have one?   I can already tell that I need a otterbox or some kind of grippy case, because it's like holding onto a wet leopard frog.     

If by chance you have one of these, and have it all figured out.....I have a few questions.  

Thx

So why not Apple?    Every other person has one so you can get help more easily.  
My genius brother in law bought mom in law a non Apple phone and nobody can figure out how to use it.  Had he bought an Apple that the rest of the family and friends uses she would be up and running.  But no... 

Well, I'm one of the apple haters.  First and every other smart phone I've ever had was an android and as long as they keep making them that's all I will ever have.  It's all what you get used to.  Wife WAS an android user but bought an apple because what snaggletooth said.  She's still lost on that phone after a year.  Don't switch operating systems, ever or you'll be lost too.

I started out with a Motorola and like you I was fine with it.  Now I'm on a Samsung Galaxy that's about ten generations old but it is still a great phone - takes good pictures and does everything else I want it to do.  When ever we're traveling and need to know something that a phone can tell you, guess what lovey does...

Sorry but no help on your current Moto but good luck.

2 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

So why not Apple

In the early days it was believed that the android system was less intrusive, and I was all for that at the time.  Nowadays I couldn't care less.  I don't live the type of life that would interest anyone, so if someone wants to monitor my every move then they truly have no life of their own and I feel sorry for them.   

My 3 girls all have Apple stuff, it's always getting broke, and they are in a constant state of upgrading.  

41 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

Well, I'm one of the apple haters.  First and every other smart phone I've ever had was an android and as long as they keep making them that's all I will ever have.  It's all what you get used to.  Wife WAS an android user but bought an apple because what snaggletooth said.  She's still lost on that phone after a year.  Don't switch operating systems, ever or you'll be lost too.

That is exactly my point.  I don’t prefer one or the other just use one that you are familiar with or others are to help you.  Otherwise YouTube is your friend.  Which isn’t a bad thing.  
never had a phone break other than Dropped one in the lake.  

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

My 3 girls all have Apple stuff, it's always getting broke, and they are in a constant state of upgrading.  

Same here but it isn't Apple causing the issues. Other than releasing a must have new model every year. 

I'm driving a 4-5 year old iPhone 6s with no problems. Left it on top of the car a while back and was slightly disappointed it survived the 70 MPH tumble down the highway because I wouldn't mind having a better camera. My Exchange-based work calendar and contacts seamlessly sync to it. It syncs with my iMac, iPad and backs itself up to iCloud. Everything's working well in my Apple world. I wouldn't even consider changing OS at this point.

John