Zoo cougars... Classic

23 hours ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

Man do I hate working with deer hair. Messiest stuff around. Can't think of anything worse in fly tying.

It is if you're trying to make perfect looking presentation quality bugs that you're dying to show off to all your friends.

Don't do that ! 😅 

Slap that stuff on there, cinch it down firmly, give it a rough trim.....and take it fishing.  👍

6 hours ago, fshndoug said:

I slap a lot of stuff on my flies ,just ask Wrench .

Mashed up trout pellets! I knew it, I knew it :) . There had to be a reason for all your success 🤣.

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

2 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

I was down just below rebar yesterday and Killin'em on a crackleback.  A guy above me came down to ask what I kept putting on my fly.  (Frogs Fanny)  

He said he thought I had some kinda secret potion that was causing the fish to eat it.    I said ",Yeah kinda". 😁

Sounds like you ran into one of Doug's buddies. One of the local experts that says, you can't be catching more fish than me. It is not allowed. How about some info on that large rainbow you had hooked. Doug said it was big.

23 minutes ago, laker67 said:

Sounds like you ran into one of Doug's buddies. One of the local experts that says, you can't be catching more fish than me. It is not allowed. How about some info on that large rainbow you had hooked. Doug said it was big.

It was quite large 😊 28" is my guess.

Swung a bugger past its face and didn't really expect it to eat right away....but Bygod it DID, on the FIRST drift.    Solid hookup in the corner of the jaw, and I had 4x on so I was leaning into it pretty good.   Powerful fish!   

It ran under a bankside brushpile, and Piper ran in there like a beagle after a rabbit......but also with a net that was too small for the job. 😂   

Hey, it's only proper that the fish win occasionally.  That's why we love the sport so much. 👍

8 hours ago, Gavin said:

Bosco Bait! Its the best there is!

Hadn't heard that name in a long time. He was hotdogging at Maramac one day and picked up a soda can off the ground and threw it at the trash can only to miss. He turned to walk off and a conservation agent was standing watching the whole scene. They headed to his vehicle I assume to get a fine for littering. Figure they were after him for "helping" people catch their limits, among other things.

First time Fishing with Wrench. Had a blast. I didn't know he was such a stick. I will have a much bigger net next time. Unfortunately that is the first fish I have lost at the net in ages. That sucker ran into that brush like a rabbit for sure. I am sure that fish has been around a long time so that is not its  first rodeo. It was definitely a pig. What we needed was a boga lip ripper grip .