12-1-22

Ketchup

3 hours ago, MrGiggles said:

I slipped away yesterday for a couple hours and got into them again. I only threw back one crappie, two walleyes that were short. I think only one of those that I kept was under 12".

Jigging raps and ripping raps, 20-50ft. 

20221204_175351.jpg

20221204_165744.jpg

What side of the lake?

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

8 hours ago, Ketchup said:

What side of the lake?

I put in at Crabtree and fished a little ways down the little Sac up to the dam. 

I scoured some of @powerdives old posts, reading about targeting main lake points that extend a long ways and eventually touch the river channel, even better if there is a channel swing nearby. Seems to be a pretty good pattern all year long.

-Austin

8 hours ago, Smithvillesteve said:

You are the man MrGiggles!!

Have to give some credit to @lmt-outfitters for turning me onto jigging raps. Those things just flat out catch fish, a lot of other things too, but still. 

There's a lot of good info out there, sometimes it takes some digging to find though.

-Austin

Dang it now I gotta buy a jigging rap.  I fished off th3 bank last night for a bit.  Had a nice meanie, what appeared to be a Kentucky, and a couple short walleye.  Wish I had taken a photo of the meanie, had that light green color, mouth that didn't go past the eye and 2 or 3 faint but very visible vertical bars.  The Kentucky had a great big head and not much for a body goofy looking critter.

Made it out for 2 hours today. For those interested, even tho the Stunna says slow sinking, that’s not the case with the   10 or 12 i own.  I dropped it from 5’ up. Went under maybe 12 - 14” and took just a few seconds for it to surface. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 6:51 AM, MrGiggles said:

I put in at Crabtree and fished a little ways down the little Sac up to the dam. 

I scoured some of @powerdives old posts, reading about targeting main lake points that extend a long ways and eventually touch the river channel, even better if there is a channel swing nearby. Seems to be a pretty good pattern all year long.

Ha! Warms my heart like the Florida sunshine. Cheers, MrG!

1 hour ago, powerdive said:

Ha! Warms my heart like the Florida sunshine. Cheers, MrG!

Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying the salt.