South Carolina Reports, Ongoing

I’m here working remotely near Cherry Grove SC.   At a condo on the beach.   There’s an inlet about a mile down and I went there this morning on an outgoing tide.  
I didn’t time it right since it was pretty low when I got there.   I’ll get there earlier tomorrow.    Caught one real nice flounder on @Mitch fs fugitive swim bait.   It travels well!  
 I’m going this afternoon after the low tide to see if they bite on an incoming tide.   

IMG_0560.jpeg

9 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I’m here working remotely near Cherry Grove SC.   At a condo on the beach.   There’s an inlet about a mile down and I went there this morning on an outgoing tide.  
I didn’t time it right since it was pretty low when I got there.   I’ll get there earlier tomorrow.    Caught one real nice flounder on @Mitch fs fugitive swim bait.   It travels well!  
 I’m going this afternoon after the low tide to see if they bite on an incoming tide.   

IMG_0560.jpeg

Wow, that’s really cool!

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

10 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Caught one real nice flounder on @Mitch fs fugitive swim bait. 

IMG_0560.jpeg

Congrats, that is a nice flounder! Hard to tell from the photo if it's a summer or southern flounder. Need to see the spot patterns on its back. Both species are aggressive predators.

2 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

Congrats, that is a nice flounder! Hard to tell from the photo if it's a summer or southern flounder. Need to see the spot patterns on its back. Both species are aggressive predators.

He hammered @Mitch fs swim bait.    I had something else on for a while that was big.   Birds were diving, bait showers and I saw a mullet jump.   That’s a lifer for me BTW.  

12 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I went back again this afternoon when the tide was coming in.  I had something big on for while but it pulled out.  

IMG_0564.jpeg

Those taste like chicken.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Went back earlier in the outgoing tide and it was on right away.  Caught 3 in about an hour and pulled out a couple more.   It’s just like bass fishing and they strike and pull hard.   Once the water level drops to certain point it’s over.  I’ll get there earlier tomorrow.  
  I thought I was pulling a bunch out and missing hook sets because their mouth is small.  Not the case!    Today they came up thrashing and head shaking with their mouth open.   The mouth is kind of hinged like a large mouth and opens real wide.  

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg