COVID-19 - Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

N9BOW

2 hours ago, Al Agnew said:

It's a no-win situation for them.  If they ignore the people like this woman, they give her free rein to smear them.  But if they go after her, people will say that the big bad government or big bad corporation is bullying this little person and since they have deep pockets for high priced attorneys, of course they are going to win.

I feel like that is the desired assumption.

If people make up bold faced lies about our leaders, and present those lies to the citizens of the nation in wholesale fashion, then those people are always held accountable for it.   There have been multiple accounts of exactly that in the past.  Can a news source just make up totally false crap about someone and get away with it?   Hell no!

But when someone tells of a serious wrong.....and the wrongdoing is genuine....That is when you get the "no comment, this person is just crazy, let's change the subject" ploy, with no push for accountability.  Because they just want the sound of the whistle to fade away ASAP.   

Man, been gone for a few days and this thread continues to grow... watched the video, it's way far out there, but Fauci is not some savior of the medical world... YouTube censoring,  what else is new... Anyone with ties to Soros should be listed as questionable in my book. 

I'm no Democrat or Republican,  most would label me conservative,  but I'm just a God fearing, freedom loving,  red neck turned city slicker. The truth is our freedoms can be taken away and certain parties and states are demonstrating that right at this very moment.  That should be waking people up. 

As for doctors being more intelligent than others,  what do you call a person who graduates last from med school... A doctor.

My wife's a nurse, she's worked peds, oncology, and general practice.  If you think there are not doctors out there who are incompetent, stupid, or just a pill pusher for pharma, I got news for you. Plenty of idiot doctors who'd rather write you a quick Rx for a kickback than actually diagnose a problem... 

Don't get me started on the health insurance abominations like my $1600 for health insurance,  or my daughter's $4000 a month prescriptions so she doesn't have seizures...(she's off that med now, but that was an actual legitimate cost they gave me at the pharmacy)

It's a all a big scam... I worked for big pharma, and big agriculture, the levels of shadiness know no bounds in these companies. The last 10 years it seems to have gotten monumentally worse.

Stay safe out there everyone.  Don't touch your face. 

2 hours ago, JestersHK said:

Man, been gone for a few days and this thread continues to grow... watched the video, it's way far out there, but Fauci is not some savior of the medical world... YouTube censoring,  what else is new... Anyone with ties to Soros should be listed as questionable in my book. 

I'm no Democrat or Republican,  most would label me conservative,  but I'm just a God fearing, freedom loving,  red neck turned city slicker. The truth is our freedoms can be taken away and certain parties and states are demonstrating that right at this very moment.  That should be waking people up. 

As for doctors being more intelligent than others,  what do you call a person who graduates last from med school... A doctor.

My wife's a nurse, she's worked peds, oncology, and general practice.  If you think there are not doctors out there who are incompetent, stupid, or just a pill pusher for pharma, I got news for you. Plenty of idiot doctors who'd rather write you a quick Rx for a kickback than actually diagnose a problem... 

Don't get me started on the health insurance abominations like my $1600 for health insurance,  or my daughter's $4000 a month prescriptions so she doesn't have seizures...(she's off that med now, but that was an actual legitimate cost they gave me at the pharmacy)

It's a all a big scam... I worked for big pharma, and big agriculture, the levels of shadiness know no bounds in these companies. The last 10 years it seems to have gotten monumentally worse.

My wife just brought up something. They have put off my Radiation for 8 months because of the Coronavirus. Was to have Radiation because the Cancer was so aggressive. If it is that  aggressive it should be in my Limp Nods now. Suppose to have Blood work done, if the Blood Work shows I'm Cancer Free why have the Radiation?

oneshot

17 minutes ago, oneshot 1 said:

My wife just brought up something. They have put off my Radiation for 8 months because of the Coronavirus. Was to have Radiation because the Cancer was so aggressive. If it is that  aggressive it should be in my Limp Nods now. Suppose to have Blood work done, if the Blood Work shows I'm Cancer Free why have the Radiation?

oneshot

Because they are full of $#!t, that's why.  

They are always going to over-treat you IF IT'S CONVENIENT FOR THEM in order to cover their behind.   They make more money that way, and can't be sued for malpractice.   

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Because they are full of $#!t, that's why.  

They are always going to over-treat you IF IT'S CONVENIENT FOR THEM in order to cover their behind.   They make more money that way, and can't be sued for malpractice.   

Kind of like my Dad hours away from dying they wanted to do Chemo on him again because his insurance paid 100%.

oneshot

11 hours ago, JestersHK said:

The guy who graduates last in med school still had to go through med school.  Not everybody can do so.  And the guy that graduated first is also a doctor.  I don't know whether doctors on average are higher IQ than the general population, but they darned sure are better educated on average.  The rub?  Really, it's our totally for profit health care system.  A lot of people making the decisions aren't doctors, and they are making them purely on the profit motive.  And there are plenty of greedy doctors out there, too.  But...it's the best we got.  I'll listen to doctors before I'll listen to former researchers with a proven agenda.

As for our freedoms being taken away...we STILL get to go to the ballot box.  We can STILL vote out anybody that appears to be responsible for taking away "freedoms".  Temporary restrictions are not necessarily a slippery slope to permanent loss of freedoms.

22 hours ago, Mitch f said:

It works both ways and I’m glad you put, and vice versa on the end of the last sentence.

Everyone has a personal bias, everyone. no exceptions. 

Of course they do.  But some of us do at least try to understand both sides of an issue, and strive to make informed decisions.  All too many never see anything but the side they've already picked.

5 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

The guy who graduates last in med school still had to go through med school.  Not everybody can do so.  And the guy that graduated first is also a doctor.  I don't know whether doctors on average are higher IQ than the general population, but they darned sure are better educated on average.  The rub?  Really, it's our totally for profit health care system.  A lot of people making the decisions aren't doctors, and they are making them purely on the profit motive.  And there are plenty of greedy doctors out there, too.  But...it's the best we got.  I'll listen to doctors before I'll listen to former researchers with a proven agenda.

As for our freedoms being taken away...we STILL get to go to the ballot box.  We can STILL vote out anybody that appears to be responsible for taking away "freedoms".  Temporary restrictions are not necessarily a slippery slope to permanent loss of freedoms.

I wish I had graduated last in my class at Annapolis.  Which would have meant that I got in.  Same way with med school, law school, every engineering school and so on.  This whole anti-intellectual anti-science anti education thing is totally disgusting and very telling regarding its adherents.

19 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

This whole anti-intellectual anti-science anti education thing is totally disgusting and very telling regarding its adherents.

Is there really an anti intellectual movement? More people go to college now than when I was a youngster. The trades are pretty much retiring now. 

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor