Getting ready!

Gavin

5 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

I could change your mind on old squirrels that have been braised. Oh that's right you turn your nose up to wild turkey thighs and legs. So maybe your hard head will not let it happen 😁. Smiley face you see that?

You're a better cook than I am and more dedicated to cooking stuff that's not easy.  I'm sure - 100% - you could change my mind.  

So, I guess I'm Karen of Redneckistan.

Just now, Terrierman said:

You're a better cook than I am and more dedicated to cooking stuff that's not easy.  I'm sure - 100% - you could change my mind.  

So, I guess I'm Karen of Redneckistan.

Someday I hope to be able to just do that Rick!

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

I could change your mind on old squirrels that have been braised. Oh that's right you turn your nose up to wild turkey thighs and legs. So maybe your hard head will not let it happen 😁. Smiley face you see that?

I don't think that you could convince me to eat braised old squirrels or wild turkey legs. You're going to have to come out here and prove me wrong buddy!😝

13 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

I don't think that you could convince me to eat braised old squirrels or wild turkey legs. You're going to have to come out here and prove me wrong buddy!😝

Yeah these guys are gobbling up all of their reserve SHTF food.   

No sense in eating THAT as long as there is still reasonably priced food in the grocery stores.

Hunted ducks so much in the 90’s I kind of 🔥 burned myself out. Had some good times though. I remember we took 5 guys to a field once around Clinton, MO and a group of 10 geese came in and we killed them all. Several times had over 200 ducks come into the decoys at Truman. Those big groups are cool to watch,  but I’d actually rather have groups of 10.

We also did the Hardin, IL draw blinds for a few years. The drawing would be held at a park and they made a huge event out of it. The first year we lucked out and got a fantastic blind draw. When they announced our name from Missouri, a huge boooooooooo came over the crowd. It was a 3 year draw. You had to build the blind and they sent an inspector out to check your blind out, he was like a freaking AS9100 auditor. 😂. The locals knew our blind was so good that they offered to create and maintain our blind for us. All we had to do was show up for the weekend. Which was great for us. The blinds were on an island on the Illinois river. They had rollers to roll your boat into the island. Some guys were so strict that if they thought you were not letting the ducks work, they would shoot at you from about 150 yards away...raining your blind with pellets. The same dudes would act all nicey nicey to you in the parking lot. Crazy stuff.  
I had a great Labrador named Jack and he was in heaven during those years. After Jack died, I kind of lost interest. 

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Good story mitch

Saturday we were in rich hill Area hunting the family farm...had a couple groups (Gadwalls) coming into decoys pretty good til about 7...and then after that...not much

i shot terrible again...but we had fun...oldest got two and an Alabama shortneck (crow).  

fun times

Sounds like good times Mitch. Glad you got some Wily,  I do appreciate your input...Think they work fine if I set up right 2 panels, one front, one back. Copied the design from the panels they use to hide in corn at a club in S. Illinois. Used to be Keck's Marsh.

How's everybody been doing? I've found if you can locate the water, you will shoot ducks. Kansas has been good ever since the opener. Did some slaughtering first few days of MO season. Got some geese as well. I've hunted 11 days straight. Taking a much needed rest today and tomorrow. IMG_8327.JPGIMG_8322.JPG

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold