They’re back....

20201103_115603.jpgI haven’t white bass fished on that pond since the die off several years ago.  I decided to try it today.  I launched at Lightfoot about 9:30 and fished down toward the dam.  I hit 6-8 spots.  Some only had a couple but 3 of them were loaded.  I saw at least 3 year classes and possibly 5.  By lunch time I had caught an even 100.  I was looking for a banner day but had trolling motor trouble and had to quit.

2020110395121259.jpg

20201103_115603.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven’t white bass fished on that pond since the die off several years ago.  I decided to try it today.  I launched at Lightfoot about 9:30 and fished down toward the dam.  I hit 6-8 spots.  Some on

I don't know what causes it but at least 1 in 10 yesterday had some kind of sores on them.  If it were on a person I'd call it a rash.  I don't know what one would call it on a fish.  The Bull Shoals

I took the Jon boat and the flyrod out this evening to see if I could find enough for a mess.   Finally, right before dark I found a ditch that was full of little ones.   They'll do for now.  No rashe

Posted Images

Dutch, seems everyone has been catching good whites, even guys fishing from the bank.  2 weeks ago I got into them way up the river, good, drag screaming whites.  Good to see them back, niw if they can just avoid a die off for a few years.

I don't know what causes it but at least 1 in 10 yesterday had some kind of sores on them.  If it were on a person I'd call it a rash.  I don't know what one would call it on a fish.  The Bull Shoals die off in 02-03 is the only one that I know of on that lake and I have fished is since Shep's dad was a pup.

I'm heading back on Friday to see if it were a fluke or a good thing.