Jig Head Eyes

Fingernail polish doesn't hold up very well..... although that's what I use on my clouser eyes, because let's face it....they aren't gonna last very long regardless.   

Wipe your lead down with alcohol and let it set until it gets that dry fuzzy look to it.   If the lead stays shiney then there's still some oil on it.   Paint it, let it begin to set up, then dot your eyes while it's still just a bit tacky.    

A shot of clear coat, or epoxy over the paint sounds like a good idea, but in my experience it doesn't seem to help at all. Plus it turns to slimey-sticky-goo if it comes into contact with plastic or rubber.

Automotive touch-up paint has been best IMO for bass jigs, popper bodies, crankbaits and stuff that I want to last more than a single day.

Yea may not last as long as paint, but I recently painted some jig heads and lead streamer heads using Gel based nail polish and banged them pretty good with sink tip lines on rocks and they held up really well.   My wife told me about the Gel stuff, lasts for a couple weeks and very hard to remove, it's more expensive the regular polish. 

32 minutes ago, dpitt said:

Yea may not last as long as paint, but I recently painted some jig heads and lead streamer heads using Gel based nail polish and banged them pretty good with sink tip lines on rocks and they held up really well.   My wife told me about the Gel stuff, lasts for a couple weeks and very hard to remove, it's more expensive the regular polish. 

Sounds worth a try 👍 

What's the name of the stuff you're using ?    

13 hours ago, dpitt said:

Feel awkward when I'm looking through the nail polish at Walmart :) 

43 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Admit it.  It feels good...😁

I pick up my microfish catch/photo bags at Hobby Lobby. They are the bag from a five to six variety pack of little girl lip gloss 😅. I throw out the lip gloss as soon as I get home. Bag typically lasts 6 to 10 weeks of use before it gets too scratched up for good photos.