MDC Species Challenge

Johnsfolly

The headline was that only 2% of MO Anglers could catch the all in a year. Sounds like my kind of challenge but living in Maryland doesn't help me. So I thought I would drop the gauntlet for those intrepid multispecies anglers to take up the challengeĀ šŸ˜. (sorry I had to take a photo of my screen since the MDC file was over 22 MB in size).

Good luck to those that may give this a try in 2024.

FYI I have only caught 2 from this list so far in Maryland.

IMG_20240418_082436.jpg

29 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

A lot of hand washing on that listšŸ˜‚

An added criterion to make this a harder challenge is to catch them with only using a single 12 oz bottle of hand soapĀ šŸ¤£Ā 

It's funny that they have Carp on the list, but no Buffalo..... I had a semi-argument with a MDC agent once that didn't know that Buffalo wasn't the same fish as a Carp.Ā 

He said... "Buffalo is just another name for a Carp".Ā  Ā  šŸ˜³

2 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

No points for the lowly Largemouth?Ā  šŸ„“

That's good.Ā  No need for more pressure.Ā  Not that it would make a difference anyway.

Though carp have been established in Missouri for generations before anyone on this forum, there shouldn't be anything stopping some one from catching some redhorse or white suckers as a substitute for the carp.Ā 

Maybe folks can try and catch all three species of rock Bass aka goggle eye that live in the state. Maybe bantam sunfish or warmouth instead of bluegill and green sunfish.

To me the point is to go out and try and catch something besides largemouth or spotted bass.