Fishing Goals 2021

Ham

I’ve waited as long as I could. Most years I make it Christmas and some years closer to New Year’s Day, but this year nahhhhhhh.

Goal #1 Is a result of my relatively recent unhealthy obsession with species variety and my #LifeList. Goal #1 is catch 100 Species for the year.

Goal #2 @FishnDave and @BilletHeadhas inspired me to pick up the long rod more often. I want to catch 25 species on the fly rod.

Goal #3 I hope to live long enough to retire and still be  healthy enough to fish , a lot. I hope to fish 4 days a week once retired. So, this year I hope to fish half as often as I want to. 104 trips.

Goal #4 2500 fish caught 

Goal #5 Catch fish in 10 states with 3 states being new to my list of states fished. 

The 40 in 40 fiasco continues. The 2021 silliness will start 1/1/21.

Good Luck and Good Fishing in 2021

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Goal #3 I hope to live long enough to retire and still be  healthy enough to fish , a lot. I hope to fish 4 days a week once retired.

I made that my top priority last year.  Physically that is.  I'm getting close enough to envision retirement now and I don't want to sit on the porch reading the paper or worse yet.....  Reading fishing reports on here without going.  I have a couple buddies who retired in the last 5 years and they fish less now than they ever did.  I don't get it and I'm not going there.  Good luck @Ham!!!

17 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I made that my top priority last year.  Physically that is.  I'm getting close enough to envision retirement now and I don't want to sit on the porch reading the paper or worse yet.....  Reading fishing reports on here without going.  I have a couple buddies who retired in the last 5 years and they fish less now than they ever did.  I don't get it and I'm not going there.  Good luck @Ham!!!

Keep that a priority guys! After my cancer surgery, gone wrong, in 2012, I was pretty much disabled for most of a year. Thanks to encouragement from my wife Sandy, and a great buddy Corky, to haul me out fishing, I was able to recover enough to start fishing again. If you don't make yourself go out and do it, you could lose it real quick. Go fish, that's what we have worked all these years to be able to do.

My goal sounds like a skipping record:

To actually get out and fish more.  Seems anymore all my time is taken by an 8 year old’s soccer practices and games and the rest by a 2 year old. Somewhere in there I need to find some time to fish. 

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

32 minutes ago, moguy1973 said:

My goal sounds like a skipping record:

To actually get out and fish more.  Seems anymore all my time is taken by an 8 year old’s soccer practices and games and the rest by a 2 year old. Somewhere in there I need to find some time to fish. 

Most liberating thing ever was my youngest getting to college age.  It’s awesome!!    I went fishing 7 out of 14 days ending this past Tuesday.  
After 3 kid’s I’ve put in my time.   Btw.  Swim team will eat up your whole life.  At least until they get to high school.  

My 2021 Goals:

1. Fish with @Ham .

2. Fish with @BilletHead for Koi and Catfish.

3. I’m not going to set a species number goal, but there are some species I’d like to add to my Flyfishing Life List:

-Longnose Gar

-Blue Catfish

-Redspotted Sunfish

-Chain Pickerel

-Warmouth

-Flier

-Bowfin

-Flathead Catfish 

-Musky/Tiger Musky

4. Some species I hope to catch on flies in MO this year that I’ve caught elsewhere but haven’t caught here yet:

-Brown Trout

-Rock Bass

-Black Crappie

-Hybrid Striped Bass

5.  And a longshot goal.... I wanna catch a Lake Trout.  I never have.  I don’t really know where a good place to go would be.  Great Lakes?  Probably won’t happen this year, but its a bucketlist goal.

30 minutes ago, FishnDave said:

5.  And a longshot goal.... I wanna catch a Lake Trout.  I never have.  I don’t really know where a good place to go would be.  Great Lakes?  Probably won’t happen this year, but its a bucketlist goal.

Would the lake trout have to be on a fly? 

Thought that I have given you some info a bunch of those species, hope that it helps. When you are ready to travel, just PM me.