Jump to content

MDC Survey


Recommended Posts

Hey guy, the most recent MDC survey is most likely in your email inbox by now. I did mine this morning. As smallmouth fisherman I think we need to voice our opinion on the issues surrounding smallmouth in Missouri. As most of us have noticed, there has been a lot more fishing pressure since the spring of 2020. Especially on smaller bodies of water which are primarily smallmouth fisheries. Take the survey and let MDC know about the issues were facing... giggers, spotted bass, unreasonably high kreel limits, etc. It may not make any difference, but it's an easy way to try. If nothing else, it can be a gripe session which we all love lol I'd love to be able to catch fish like this till I'm a grumpy old timer, but if something dosen't change, I fear they'll all be gone!

20201220_163156.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The MDC really doesn't care what the anglers think.  It took me a while to come to terms with that.  The surveys are strictly so that they can say to the General Assembly that they have sought "input" from anglers and "value" their opinions.........................................  In the end, they're not going to do a dad gum thing to improve our smallmouth fisheries............................... Nothing...........Nodda......................Zilch.........................

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Brian Jones said:

The MDC really doesn't care what the anglers think.  It took me a while to come to terms with that.  The surveys are strictly so that they can say to the General Assembly that they have sought "input" from anglers and "value" their opinions.........................................  In the end, they're not going to do a dad gum thing to improve our smallmouth fisheries............................... Nothing...........Nodda......................Zilch.........................

 

Unfortunately this is true. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Brian Jones said:

The MDC really doesn't care what the anglers think.  It took me a while to come to terms with that.  The surveys are strictly so that they can say to the General Assembly that they have sought "input" from anglers and "value" their opinions.........................................  In the end, they're not going to do a dad gum thing to improve our smallmouth fisheries............................... Nothing...........Nodda......................Zilch.........................

 

100% true Brian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I did mine but they don't give you an option to "say" anything.  Just check some boxes is all.

If you select 'extremely dissatisfied' on the question which asks,  "How satisfied are you with MDC overall?" A text box will drop down for you to fill out. Probably should've included that in the original post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, I agree with you Brian. I guess my only reason for posting is that they literally cannot do less. However, I would rather have them do nothing than ignorant programs like when they tagged fish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, David Goddard said:

If you select 'extremely dissatisfied' on the question which asks,  "How satisfied are you with MDC overall?" A text box will drop down for you to fill out. Probably should've included that in the original post.

I had done the survey prior to your post but I still didn't select extremely dissatisfied for any of them.  I would've had I known.  We could get together an email campaign on the subject of river smallies and how they should be completely protected from harvest.  Which I think they should.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I had done the survey prior to your post but I still didn't select extremely dissatisfied for any of them.  I would've had I known.  We could get together an email campaign on the subject of river smallies and how they should be completely protected from harvest.  Which I think they should.

I'm with you there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fish for smallies 50 percent of my time on the water, where is my survey?  Nothing in the mail or the email box.

How were the participants selected?

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.