January 6 Upper End Report

rps

Water temperature 47 from Holiday Island to Eagle Rock. Water clarity good - 3 to 5 feet.

After four hours with a Ned 5 to 25 feet deep and a small jigging spoon 25 to 40 feet deep, I cannot tell you how to catch any fish.

Looked for walleye around big m saturday, got spanked

I did hook one but never got to see it, judging from the head shakes I don't think it was big. It was in the brush on about 26 ft deep on the east side of the point.

Brushy, rocky, stuff. Bait: 5" creek chub.

I think I could make a haiku, but can't catch fish.

Did you know in my youth, I went to catholic school? There they did not want us to use contractions. They said it was sloppy English. I use them all the time now, have you ever heard of that?

At 51 I still have a guilty conscience every time I use one. It is amazing how a nun, equipped with a ruler,  can drill something into a person. 

Wow that was off topic ! haha !   

1 hour ago, dan hufferd said:

but can't catch fish

cannot catch fish - per my Catholic education (Sister George Ann), contractions are OK in informal writing - I would have to said OAF is informal.

I too couldn't catch a fish today - on the other end of the lake.

Bobby

8 hours ago, bobby b. said:

cannot catch fish - per my Catholic education (Sister George Ann), contractions are OK in informal writing - I would have to said OAF is informal.

I too couldn't catch a fish today - on the other end of the lake.

Bobby

I only went to 4th grade (in Catholic school). I never became a good writer, thanks for the help.:grin:

It is funny what a guy will remember, for no apparent reason.  

I still get cold chills whenever I think back to my seven abused years in parochial school.

More like a nightmare than a memory.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.