Micro Gamechanger

FishnDave

I've caught plenty of nice bass on the normal 3.5"-4" Blane Chocklett Gamechangers for the past 2-3 years.

New "micro" spines have been developed, which allow even smaller Gamechangers to be created.  I tied up my first one with these new spines last night.  It comes in around 2" long, with 7 SEGMENTS!  Its really hard to imagine that. They can be tied with more or fewer segments to get different overall lengths...but 7 segments seems to be the favored design by the pattern's creator, Blane Chocklett.

To help visualize the size of these...its about the length of 3 dimes.  In fact, the HEAD of this fly is maybe just smaller than a dime.
https://s3.gifyu.com/images/BDC88B32-FA88-48CA-A1BB-511AE9FBDAC3.jpg[/img]
Its also shorter and narrower than my index finger.
https://s3.gifyu.com/images/6D96BA35-AB8C-4F22-8D72-F9EC52F50DE4.jpg[/img]

At 2"...that puts this at about the size of a large fathead minnow from the bait shop!
-

6 minutes ago, FishnDave said:

these...its about the length of 3 dimes.  In fact, the HEAD of this fly is maybe just smaller than a dime.
BDC88B32-FA88-48CA-A1BB-511AE9FBDAC3.md.

6D96BA35-AB8C-4F22-8D72-F9EC52F50DE4.md.

Shoot....the edit command wasn't working on the original post...so...I tried to copy the images here.

2 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

Looks like 3D eyes to me. 

Maybe they are.  Their position made me think it was a set of dumbell/hourglass weighted eyes.    

If so they should be positioned further back.  A game changer, or any articulated streamer, needs to push water......and that one ain't gonna.  Jus'sayin' 😉 

It's a hydraulics thing, the head needs to stop immediately after a strip....as the tail trys to keep going.  That's what makes it kick sideways.  

15 hours ago, FishnDave said:

I've caught plenty of nice bass on the normal 3.5"-4" Blane Chocklett Gamechangers for the past 2-3 years.

New "micro" spines have been developed, which allow even smaller Gamechangers to be created.  I tied up my first one with these new spines last night.  It comes in around 2" long, with 7 SEGMENTS!  Its really hard to imagine that. They can be tied with more or fewer segments to get different overall lengths...but 7 segments seems to be the favored design by the pattern's creator, Blane Chocklett.

To help visualize the size of these...its about the length of 3 dimes.  In fact, the HEAD of this fly is maybe just smaller than a dime.
https://s3.gifyu.com/images/BDC88B32-FA88-48CA-A1BB-511AE9FBDAC3.jpg[/img]
Its also shorter and narrower than my index finger.
https://s3.gifyu.com/images/6D96BA35-AB8C-4F22-8D72-F9EC52F50DE4.jpg[/img]

At 2"...that puts this at about the size of a large fathead minnow from the bait shop!
-

Lucky you posted so the “experts” 🤓can tell you everything wrong about it. 😁

Correct.  Those are 3D eyes, not dumbell eyes.  I haven't tried to swim one yet to see how it will work in the water.  I assume Blane has done his research on this before releasing it to the public.  Everything I used was from his recommendations...from the body material and spine configuration (1 micro tail spine, (4) 6mm spines, (1) 8mm spine) to the #8 or #6 Kona BGH hook and tail material. 

I agree with everyone's comments.  Because the head is small (limited by the hook size and brush size used, plus keeping the fly proportional), the tail should be smaller diameter to make it swim.  That's the theory.  The head should(?) still be big and dense enough to make the rest of the fly swim.  It seems like the tail also needs some weight so it will kick to the side when the fly stops.... this might be too light?  I'm looking forward to field testing it to see if it swims good or not.  If nothing else, it at least sorta looks like a minnow.  ;o)

Tied up another one last night. Thought it turned out just a bit better.  The eyes on the first one were forward, as this was recommended to keep the eyes from falling off, because you can connect the adhesive between they eyes across the top and bottom of the hook by pushing the eyes to immediately behind the hook eye.  On the second one below, I did move the eyes back slightly just for appearance.  Used a #6 hook on this one....the first one was a #8.
9C23C563-9A93-42D6-82AA-C5C558344C37.jpg