Keeper walleye!

Quillback

Finally got a keeper sized walleye - as a matter of fact I caught 2 keepers today.  Couple of short walleye too, one was just a hair short of 18", it was tough to let it go when at the time I had one in the livewell, but I just could not get it to that 18' mark.

These walleye were all on gravel points in about 10 FOW.  One on a Pointer 78 and the others on the 2.8 Keitech.

Bass fishing was slow for me, caught 9 spots and only one was a keeper.  Most came on the Ned rig.  I found a school of them just inside a cove in the trees, they were goofy biters, missed several but caught 5 in that school which was my bass fishing highlight of the day.  Caught a couple on the 78 too.

WT was 43 when I launched and almost 46 when I came in.

Roaring River was hopping when I drove through, had about 8 vehicles backed up at the stop sign to get onto 112.  River was lined with people, fly rods in hand, near the bridge.  Nice day to be out.

large.Wall1.jpg

I knew you could do it!

18 minutes ago, Quillback said:

Finally got a keeper sized walleye - as a matter of fact I caught 2 keepers today.  Couple of short walleye too, one was just a hair short of 18", it was tough to let it go when at the time I had one in the livewell, but I just could not get it to that 18' mark.

These walleye were all on gravel points in about 10 FOW.  One on a Pointer 78 and the others on the 2.8 Keitech.

Bass fishing was slow for me, caught 9 spots and only one was a keeper.  Most came on the Ned rig.  I found a school of them just inside a cove in the trees, they were goofy biters, missed several but caught 5 in that school which was my bass fishing highlight of the day.  Caught a couple on the 78 too.

WT was 43 when I launched and almost 46 when I came in.

Roaring River was hopping when I drove through, had about 8 vehicles backed up at the stop sign to get onto 112.  River was lined with people, fly rods in hand, near the bridge.  Nice day to be out.

large.Wall1.jpg

Way  to get it done Jeff!

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Good on you for letting the line burner go. Not worth getting busted by the warden for a short fish. And it helps the fishery. I'm not about to say I don't eat a lot of the keeper walleye I catch while bass fishing, but I measure them religiously and I let the big ones go during spawning season. Obviously others do the same for this fishery to continue growing as it is. 

ClassActionTransparent.png

Ethics, it what separates good people and not so good people.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

I took an early morning trip the other day up the white and caught a walleye that measured 17 7/8". He managed to get the entire mcstik in his mouth long ways and his gills inside were destroyed....it was a bloody mess getting the hooks out and he most certainly died. 

Mentally I knew he wasn't going to make it and no matter how I measured he was a hair short. 

Just so happens about 4 hours later a nice man and women dressed in the customary Arkansas game warden attire pulled up next to my boat to give me a check. They both lamented that I couldn't keep it but assured me other animals need to eat too.