1st Annual YETI Open Big Bass Event | Table Rock Lake | Sept 26-28th

20 minutes ago, Seth said:

Didn't you fish a lot of tournaments back in the day? Seems hypocritical to complain about them now that you've decided to not fish them.....

You can overdose on ANYTHING. 

I used to love fishing competitively, but that was when there were only 1-2 tournaments per month on each lake.  Now there are over 50! 🙄. Have you looked at the regatta listings on our lakes lately? 

One wife is really nice to have.....but 17-20 would have any man ready to commit suicide !    I don't care how smokin' hot they are. 

Am I wrong? 

34 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Have you looked at the regatta listings on our lakes lately? 

Since I got a place here I look at it every week.   It’s unbelievable.   Then to sit on my balcony and watch it is comical.  Guys literally rotating through the same spots all weekend all day long.   Comical, until you realize they are hauling all the fish away😐

14 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

You can overdose on ANYTHING. 

I used to love fishing competitively, but that was when there were only 1-2 tournaments per month on each lake.  Now there are over 50! 🙄. Have you looked at the regatta listings on our lakes lately? 

One wife is really nice to have.....but 17-20 would have any man ready to commit suicide !    I don't care how smokin' hot they are. 

Am I wrong? 

I don't disagree with you at all, but what do you expect when the popularity of tournament bass fishing is as high as it has ever been? Would less tournaments with higher participation make much of a difference in the grand scheme? You'll still have a lot of pressure on the lakes. I'm sure the guys that win often would enjoy the bigger payouts.

50 minutes ago, DADAKOTA said:

I've fished many tourneys over the years and still fish a few local events.  Very few make any money at the game, but they are extremely popular still.  Not sure I will ever understand the mindset of the donators who show up continuously and give away their money.

This one is easy, format is fun, tons of money and a lot of people cash checks. $50k for one big fish to the winner. Not to mention if you were one of the first 250 to sign up you got $285 worth of items for your entry and you were "in the money" before you made a single cast.  No brainer if you paid attention early. 

See everyone soon!

• Members

FREE REGISTRATION UP FOR GRABS

I've had family event come up that will no longer allow me to attend this event. I believe I can transfer my registration to someone else. It is a two day registration, Friday/Saturday.

I'd be willing to transfer my registration to someone else for if you'll agree to send me the entry prize package. 

9 hours ago, Seth said:

I don't disagree with you at all, but what do you expect when the popularity of tournament bass fishing is as high as it has ever been? Would less tournaments with higher participation make much of a difference in the grand scheme? You'll still have a lot of pressure on the lakes. I'm sure the guys that win often would enjoy the bigger payouts.

Given my experiences working on their boats I can honestly speculate that there are A LOT of guys that wouldn't be out there fishing at all.....if there wasn't a derby for them to participate in.    

It's actually the ONLY reason why they ever fish.....or care anything at all about fishing.    It would be like someone playing BINGO just for fun.   

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

You’ve said that before and I don’t understand.  They aren’t making a profit at it so what’s the draw for them?

It's just a game.  If it wasn't fishing it would be golf, bowling, ect.  They are there for the camaraderie. Hanging out & drinking beer with guys they work with, or live near. 

And some really like the boat race.  

It's the same at the Trap & Sporting clays range.  Only a very small handful of guys are truly dedicated to it.....but they are ALL there every Wednesday night.