just a rant

merc1997 Bo

was fishing the other night sitting out off a point.  was not completely dark and the water patrol passed by out in the lake.  there had not been any other traffic at that time, just the patrol boat.  the wake from that boat washed over the side of my pantera.  i put a call in to complain that it is pretty bad when the patrol boats are part of the problem.  talked to some lt. at troop d.  he told me they were fixing to go to a 32ft. some kind of boat.  when i said well that is good just increase the problem, he hung up. 

i remember when one was perfectly safe out on table rock in a 14ft. aluminum boat.  this is just insame.

rant over.  don't even have to comment.

bo 

Tuesday, I was coming home from Springfield and saw a very nice, albeit very large ski boat that was flipped on the ramp from James river to 65 southbound. Brand spanking new… looked like it had never seen water. It made me sick for the guy at first knowing that was probably several thousand dollars on its side. But then I got to questioning why the heck he wanted to even bring it down to begin with. Not sure if the exact size but it had to be pushing 30’ (I thought it was a camper at first). It’s getting wild what people can a) blow their money in and b) want to even put on this lake.

There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind. ~Washington Irving

A neighbor just got a Malibu M240.  The boat has this blower contraption on the lower transom that shoots out horizontal and 6 computer controlled ballast tanks.  $225k.  

7 hours ago, bobby b. said:

A neighbor just got a Malibu M240.  The boat has this blower contraption on the lower transom that shoots out horizontal and 6 computer controlled ballast tanks.  $225k.  

Wow, that's some coin.  

20 hours ago, merc1997 Bo said:

was fishing the other night sitting out off a point.  was not completely dark and the water patrol passed by out in the lake.  there had not been any other traffic at that time, just the patrol boat.  the wake from that boat washed over the side of my pantera.  i put a call in to complain that it is pretty bad when the patrol boats are part of the problem.  talked to some lt. at troop d.  he told me they were fixing to go to a 32ft. some kind of boat.  when i said well that is good just increase the problem, he hung up. 

i remember when one was perfectly safe out on table rock in a 14ft. aluminum boat.  this is just insame.

rant over.  don't even have to comment.

bo 

It seems the State has huge bundles of cash to spend on new, larger boats for WP.  Instead, they should be hiring more Officers and putting them on this Lake to observe the crazies seen every weekend.   

It seems every year the boats grow and grow in size and this is quickly going down the path that LOZ went down years ago.  

There's a Fakebook group called "Table Rock Lake group" where people daring to complain or comment about the ridiculous growth in the size of boats are chastised by the Group's Admin. and warned that it is a no-no to say anything about these Battleships in a Bathtub we are seeing.  You are not alone with your concerns but shhhhh or you'll get censored. 

• Members
On 6/10/2021 at 9:20 PM, bobby b. said:

Just wait, bass boats will be there before you know it