I DON’T WANNA FISH LIKE THAT.

Bill Babler

5 minutes ago, Bill Babler said:

Emil Wagner fished most of the locations I love. He fished where big smallmouth live. 

I followed him for 3 hours. He was fishing a Dimiki rig. I drag or stroll  a football jig. He was going in a pattern with his boat at full trolling motor speed. He would slam on the brakes flip the tiny bait out and reel one in. 

Never made a cast that he wasn’t looking at one. 

He was literally fishing a grid with the GPS and the Livescope. 

I’ll tell you where. The flat at Coney Island, Berganns, the bouy point across from Cow Creek.   The flat at point 7 and the flat in front of Mill Creek ramp.  Totally took them apart with GPS and FFS. 

He wasn’t out in the deep blue for the most part catching suspended fish, he was fishing my junk, way better than I have ever fished it. 

On another note I don’t want to do that. 

Last sentence.....could not possibly agree more. 

Sorry for multiple posts I know y’all are tired of me but there is another aspect at play here. 

This is not the MLF or BASS guys here for the most part. There were some carry over, but for the most part these are kids.  This was not the TW invitationals. This was the step at or just above the BFL. 

These are the guys coming on, the 20 something’s. Makes Connell, Wheeler the OG’s.   Scary. 

Doesn't even sound like fishing, the way you described.  I have never got the interest in tournaments, watching or fishing them.  This gives me even far less interest.   

I kinda hope this is similar to a fuse on a firecracker.   Once the newness of this type of fishing wears off maybe it will all explode and interest will quickly fade. 

The game will go back to its roots.  In order to fish tournaments you have to use internal skills, and do it for pride, not dollars.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

New tech doesn't change anything for me. I never watched TV fishing before and I won't now. Never been much of a spectator,  but watching a fishing contest on TV is right up there with watching fresh paint on a picnic table.  I can kinda understand the participation to win money, but it's a given that money will guarantee cheating, so I've never been that interested from that angle either. My take on all of it is that it is scam to sell boats and equipment. Every "free" boat or piece of equipment used by those guys and all the prize/bonus money awarded by manufacturers is paid not by the manufacturers but by the customers  that get sucked into believing they need to have the same items to be successful.  I'd say getting paid to follow the contestants around taking pictures/video of them is the best part of any tournament.

8 hours ago, Mitch f said:

So what’s next??

What's next is that participants are going to realize that a win (or high finish) is something that happens by chance.  And not because of any special or specific technique that can be repeated.     

Kinda like dumping out a cupful of Yahtzee dice.   

Being recognized for a win only lasts for about 3 hours.     Nobody knew them previously, and nobody will remember them tomorrow.  

10 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

What's next is that participants are going to realize that a win (or high finish) is something that happens by chance.  And not because of any special or specific technique that can be repeated.     

Kinda like dumping out a cupful of Yahtzee dice.   

Being recognized for a win only lasts for about 3 hours.     Nobody knew them previously, and nobody will remember them tomorrow.  

Sounds about right

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor