Old Yeller?

Quillback

Tom W and his wife were fishing the Kings today and they caught 5 of these dudes. He asked me what I thought it was and I believe it is a yellow bass.  Main identifier I see is the two dorsal fins being connected.

Seems like we had a discussion on here before about yellers and some folks say that have caught them in TR, but I may be remembering wrong.

Anyway, what do you think, yeller or not? 

large.yeller.jpg

yes

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

We got into this discussion a few years back.....I sent a picture of one caught in the mouth of Roaring River, to the Missouri Conservation biologist that had informed me that we did not have yellow bass in Missouri.   He was intrigued and dove into it.  Apparently Arkansas had stocked some in Beaver.  We all live down stream.  

“If a cluttered desk is a sign, of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign?”- Albert Einstein

17 hours ago, Quillback said:

Tom W and his wife were fishing the Kings today and they caught 5 of these dudes. He asked me what I thought it was and I believe it is a yellow bass.  Main identifier I see is the two dorsal fins being connected.

Seems like we had a discussion on here before about yellers and some folks say that have caught them in TR, but I may be remembering wrong.

Anyway, what do you think, yeller or not? 

large.yeller.jpg

Jeff definite yellow bass.

39 minutes ago, grizwilson said:

I sent a picture of one caught in the mouth of Roaring River, to the Missouri Conservation biologist that had informed me that we did not have yellow bass in Missouri.   

I did send off the photos of Les' yellow bass to MDC folks as well to make sure that they had this species documented in MO.

1 hour ago, Champ188 said:

Been fishing Beaver for 24 years and have never caught one, nor has anyone that I know of in NW Arkansas. Don't blame us for what's in Table Rock. lol

I’ve been catching them out of Beaver 🦫 n the PT 5 area the last 4 years . Catch them on night crawlers when walleye fishing. And I’ve also caught them out of TR . 

Gone but not forgotten Martin Ford